Friday, August 17, 2012

August 16

We had our first experience of bringing our child to Children's Hospital. Our appointment was at 8:30 so here was our morning agenda: 
6:30 - I woke up to pump
6:45 Jesse woke up and got us breakfast (Kix!)
7:05 I'm done pumping, get the bottles ready and get myself dressed
7:15 get Adin up, dressed, get a spare outfit and a few diapers for my bag as well as burpee's
7:22 Out the door

We arrived right at 8:30 and went up the Plastic Surgery for our appointment. Nugget did so well with all the doctors and waiting! He saw a lady who did an intake, then he saw someone else who took measurements, then the doctor came in and reviewed all the information. Adin needs a helmet. Yay? The good news is that his head shape will be perfect - the bad news is that the "damage is done" so to speak with his right ear, cheek, and jaw being slightly pushed forward (and I mean SLIGHTLY - like, millimeters). 

Then we went in for the head scan and to pick our helmet pattern. For the head scan they took a gauze sleeve, cut a slit in it, and slid it over his head. They cut a hole in the top and slipped in a device to help with the scan and cut out holes for the ears. See pictures below that are SUPER cute!

He napped for maybe an hour on the way home and then had a wonderful day with daddy. I made it home in time to pump and head out to a half spa date with my mother-in-law for my birthday. I had a massage and a facial for the first time in...well...a LONG time! The service is great and even though the schedule got pushed back (because another client came in late) it was all rectified with a free upgrade to apologize for the inconvenience. I'll take free upgrades!

Then Susan and I went to a pub down the street for a glass of Vino and a LARGE and in charge platter of nachos, YUM! 

On the way home I picked up Chipotle for Jesse and I. I got some snuggle time in with my nugget and then he promptly fell asleep on the couch 2 ounces into his (6 ounce) bottle. I did everything I could to rouse the poor guy, but ultimately he only drank 4 ounces. The good news...he slept from about 7:45 to 6:15! We had a middle-of-the-night wake-up free sleep - hopefully that means the last week of wake-ups is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment