Monday, August 20, 2012

August 17

Today I made Acorn squash. I cut it in half, put it in a casserole dish with about 1/2 inch of water and topped it. I baked it at 375 for about an hour.  


Then I scooped out the seeds from the middle and put them in a dish to save them for a later treat.

I put the squash in my blender and blended it until smooth. Then I put it in my silicone ice cube trays. One acorn squash made 10 ounces of baby food. 

While I was cooking I put some mango in a mesh feeder and fed it to Adin. He did great with me holding the mesh feeder up for him. On his own he dropped it. And there was definitely a few drops of mango juice on the floor below his walker! 
My treat was baked acorn squash seeds. I absolutely love pumpkin seeds and I figured acorn squash and pumpkin were both in the gourd family. I sprinkled them with sea salt and garlic powder and baked for 15 minutes at 350 and it was a perfect mid-afternoon treat! 

2 comments: